Workshop Preparation and Organisation Timeline:
Website for each workshop on: March 26, 2023
Deadline for workshop paper submission: April 15, 2023
Acceptance/rejection announcement: May 15, 2023
Final workshop papers due: May 31, 2023
IEEE BlackSeaCom 2023 will feature a series of half and full-day workshops and invites the submission of workshop proposals.
The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics of particular interest to the wireless community. Each workshop should include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussions.
Priority will be given to proposals that not only address an exciting topic but also promise a creative format likely to generate lively interactions and foster new ideas. Examples include bringing practitioners and researchers together, as well as facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions that can lead to high impact and transformative research. All accepted workshops should implement peer-reviews of submitted papers. Accepted and presented papers will appear in the Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore. Notification of acceptance and camera-ready due dates must match the corresponding due dates of the regular conference papers.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL FORMAT
Each workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) must include:
- Title of the workshop.
- Description of the technical issues covered, emphasizing the timeliness of the proposed workshop and appropriate answers for the following questions (1 page maximum).
- Why is the topic current and important?
- Why the workshop may attract a significant number of submissions of good quality?
- Why the workshop differs from others; i.e., related workshops and conferences of similar topic?
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information).
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words).
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers accepted to participate is a plus).
- Planned format of the workshop, including:
- Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule.
- Number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels (and panel formats) etc.
- Plan for the review of the refereed papers according to the ComSoc's academic best-practices.
- Unique, creative, and novel formats are strongly encouraged and will be given highest priority.
- Draft Call for Papers.
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan.
- The workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted).
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
All workshop proposals should be sent to the IEEE BlackSeaCom 2023 Workshop Chair: Sinem Coleri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Proposal Deadline: March 12, 2023
Notification of Acceptance: March 19, 2023
Please address all questions to the IEEE BlackSeaCom 2023 Workshops Chairs:
Sinem Coleri (Koc University, Turkey, email@example.com)